Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
Title Vertical Files/Woburn - Historical
Dates c. 19th century - current
Author Woburn Public Library
Extent 1 linear foot (1 file drawer)
Arrangement alphabetical
Collection number WOB-14
Admin/Biographical History The Dr. Thomas J. Glennon Archives, founded in 1987, is the repository for the historical collections of the Woburn Public Library. The current library building was designed by H.H. Richardson and opened to the public in 1879. The first librarian at the 45 Pleasant Street location, George M. Champney, collected early books on general subjects along with historical manuscripts from Woburn's past. The second librarian, William R. Cutter, continued development of the historical manuscript repository during his tenure as librarian (1882-1909) and librarian emeritus (1909-1918). Over time, photographs, paintings and other artwork, natural history specimens and museum objects were also added to the collections.
Scope & Content The Woburn historical vertical files consist of news clippings, journal articles, reports, published works and other materials concerning the history of Woburn. Most documents are photocopies of the original records.
Indexes Online Finding Aid
Local Subjects
Access Access may be limited. Contact library for details.