Henry Levi Andrews was born on June 11, 1850, the son of Timothy and Lydia J. Andrews. He attended the Woburn public schools and the Warren Industrial Academy. He joined the Woburn Fire Department in 1875, continuing there through 1900 as clerk. Andrews learned the trade of printer working for the Budget and Middlesex Journal, which later became the Woburn Journal. He operated a printing business under the name of Andrews, Cutler and Co. In 1890 he founded the Woburn News and operated the newspaper for thirteen years. He lived at 12 Burlington Street in Woburn. He served in Woburn as Alderman-at-large from 1904-1908 and State Representative in 1912, 1913 and 1916. He was co-author with John C. Andrews of a family genealogy, Ancestry of Henry L. and John C. Andrews, Woburn, Massachusetts, Middlesex County, published in 1914. He was married twice, first to Mary E. Cole who passed away in 1903, and later to Miss Hattie Bosworth. He had one son, John C. Andrews. He passed away on August 3, 1926.