|Title||Woburn High School, Graduation Portraits Photograph collection|
|Bulk Dates||1924-1928, 1930-1931, 1935, 1938|
|Extent||2 linear feet (2 containers)|
|Arrangement||Organized alphabetically by name and by year of graduation in twenty-two series.|
The first Woburn High School was located in the Knight Building on the east side of Main Street, just north of Walnut Street in Woburn Center.
Classes were held there from 1852 until 1873 when the building was destroyed in the Great Fire. The next Woburn High School was located at the Hanson School, built in 1855 and converted to a high school in 1873. Also known as the Hudson School in earlier years, this building was used as a high school until 1907. In that year there were 302 students enrolled. In 1907 the new Woburn High School on Montvale Avenue was opened for classes.
|Scope & Content||The collection is comprised largely of portraits of graduates of the Woburn High School classes for years between 1924 and 1938. Includes one class photo (1931) and portraits of unidentified students.|
Woburn High School, Graduation Portraits Photograph Collection
Woburn Public Library, Dr. Thomas J. Glennon Archives, Woburn, MA 01801.
|Indexes||Online Finding Aid|
High school students
Woburn High School