Museum logo

Archive Record

  • Email This Page
Title Woburn High School, Class of 1906 Photograph collection
Dates 1906
Author Woburn Public Library
Extent .212 linear feet (1 container).
Arrangement Arranged alphabetically by surname.
Collection number PH-9
Admin/Biographical History The first Woburn High School was located in the Knight Building on the east side of Main Street, just north of Walnut Street in Woburn Center.
Classes were held there from 1852 until 1873 when the building was destroyed in the Great Fire. The next Woburn High School was located at the Hanson School, built in 1855 and converted to a high school in 1873. Also known as the Hudson School in earlier years, this building was used as a high school until 1907. In that year there were 302 students enrolled. In 1907 the new Woburn High School on Montvale Avenue was opened for classes.
Scope & Content Portrait photographs and ephemera from the Woburn High School class of 1906 consisting of nine matted prints and one graduation program. Individual portrait photographs of 4 graduates of the Woburn High School class of 1906, 3 other identified individuals and 2 unidentified males (9 total) with related ephemera.
Cite as Woburn High School, Class of 1906 Photograph Collection,
Woburn Public Library, Dr. Thomas J. Glennon Archives, Woburn, MA 01801.
Indexes Online Finding Aid
Subjects Ephemera
Graduates
High school students
Portrait photographs
Young adults
Local Subjects Woburn High School
Access No restrictions.