|Title||Woburn High School, Class of 1911 Photograph collection|
|Author||Woburn Public Library|
|Extent||.424 linear feet (1 container)|
The first Woburn High School was located in the Knight Building on the east side of Main Street, just north of Walnut Street in Woburn Center.
Classes were held there from 1852 until 1873 when the building was destroyed in the Great Fire. The next Woburn High School was located at the Hanson School, built in 1855 and converted to a high school in 1873. Also known as the Hudson School in earlier years, this building was used as a high school until 1907. In that year there were 302 students enrolled. In 1907 the new Woburn High School on Montvale Avenue was opened for classes.
|Scope & Content||
Collection is comprised of two separate groups of portraits of graduates of the Woburn High School class of 1911. Series 1 is comprised of forty-five individual matted portraits. Series 2, an album that once belonged to graduate Eldridge DeLoriea Atwood, is made up of thirty-two individual portraits, no longer matted, and some miscellaneous ephemera.
Woburn High School Class of 1911 Photograph Collection,
Woburn Public Library, Dr. Thomas J. Glennon Archives, Woburn, MA 01801.
|Indexes||Online Finding Aid|
High school students
Woburn High School