|Title||Woburn High School, Class of 1905 Photograph collection|
|Author||Woburn Public Library|
|Extent||.212 linear feet (1 container)|
|Arrangement||Arranged in two series: 1. Portrait photographs (alphabetical by surname); 2. Ephemera.|
The first Woburn High School was located in the Knight Building on the east side of Main Street, just north of Walnut Street in Woburn Center.
Classes were held there from 1852 until 1873 when the building was destroyed in the Great Fire. The next Woburn High School was located at the Hanson School, built in 1855 and converted to a high school in 1873. Also known as the Hudson School in earlier years, this building was used as a high school until 1907. In that year there were 302 students enrolled. In 1907 the new Woburn High School on Montvale Avenue was opened for classes.
|Scope & Content||Individual portrait photographs of 25 graduates of the Woburn High School class of 1905 and two Woburn High School teachers (27 total) with one folder of related ephemera.|
Woburn High School, Class of 1905 Photograph Collection,
Woburn Public Library, Dr. Thomas J. Glennon Archives, Woburn, MA 01801.
|Indexes||Online Finding Aid|
High school students
Woburn High School